As adults, we want our children to be happy and successful. We want them to develop knowledge, skills and personal qualities and characteristics that will enable them to be confidently themselves. We want them to have every opportunity to use their talents to enrich their own lives and lives of others.
As a school of 800 girls from Kindergarten to Year 12 on a single campus, we are large enough to offer a broad, rich curriculum yet small enough to ensure that each girl is well known by our staff. Our size and our focus on girls from Kindergarten to Year 12 make us unique in this part of Melbourne.
Our main building “The Mansion” was originally built as a family home and stands at the heart of our school community.
Your daughter at Lowther Hall joins our school family in a network of relationships which we hope will be lifelong.
This generation has more opportunity and faces more complexity than any before it. It is therefore critical that our young women think deeply about their lives and what is important to them. At Lowther Hall we want them to explore the full range of human activity. Our learning program assists them to consider themselves as creatures of mind, body and spirit, ready when they leave us, to step into the adult world optimistically and confidently.
Each girl will have a different path forward based upon her unique set of interests, talents and skills but the qualities that she will need to build a fulfilling and successful life will be consistent.
At Lowther Hall we have identified the qualities we seek to develop in the Lowther Hall girl:
- SHE HAS A CLEAR SET OF VALUES WHICH SHE CAN ARTICULATELY COMMUNICATE AND APPLY TO HER LIFE
- SHE IS COMMITTED TO THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
- SHE IS CURIOUS AND KNOWS HOW TO LEARN
- SHE IS RESILIENT AND ABLE TO ACCEPT AND LEARN FROM FAILURE
- SHE IS PREPARED TO TAKE A CONSIDERED RISK
- SHE HAS A SENSE OF BELONGING
- SHE UNDERSTANDS HERSELF, HER STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- SHE CARES FOR OTHERS AND FOR HERSELF
- SHE IS CONFIDENT AND INDEPENDENT
- SHE CAN WORK WITH OTHERS AND TAKE THE LEAD
- SHE UNDERSTANDS THE WORLD AND HER CAPACITY TO SHAPE IT
- SHE IS OPTIMISTIC AND HAS A SENSE OF HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
I invite you to visit us so that you can see at first hand what Lowther Hall has to offer.