At Lowther Hall the physical, emotional and social safety of the girls is vitally important to everyone. We have policies and practices in place which support our commitment to child safety and also foster a culture which seeks to be proactive in creating a secure environment for the students. Specifically, we:
- Promote a culture of openness and awareness about child safety
- Assist staff, adults and children to understand child abuse as is appropriate for their age and role
- Manage risks to maximise safety
- Have specific policies and procedures in place
- Set clear boundaries for adults in the community
- Address child safety through the staff recruitment, selection, induction and supervision process
- Manage our volunteers and contractors
- Empower our girls through classroom, year level, student led and whole school programs
- Follow up complaints and disclosures with diligence
- Understand and comply with our legal responsibilities with regard to child safety.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to child safety, please contact a member of the school staff immediately.