We are committed to personalised learning and to ensuring each girl’s individual needs are catered to. In every Senior School classroom, teachers support students to understand themselves as learners and develop individualised strategies for learning success.
Meanwhile, Year Level Coordinators and Home Group teachers actively monitor the academic progress of every girl in their Home Group or year.
Learning Support Coordinator
Our dedicated Learning Support Coordinator oversees the provision of additional academic assistance for Senior School girls, and this is offered in a variety of ways through our Centre for Differentiation:
- Additional Teaching Staff. Additional teaching staff are allocated to English and Maths classes in Years 7 and 8. Having more than one teacher in the classroom means there are extra opportunities for girls to ask questions and have concepts explained.
- Education Support. Girls requiring regular academic assistance may be advised to undertake Education Support as a subject instead of learning a language other than English.
- English Development. An English Development elective may be selected by any Year 9 or Year 10 girl who wishes to improve her performance in English.
- VCE English Support. VCE English support classes are offered to any VCE English student needing assistance. These classes are held once a week and are run by a Year 12 English teacher.
- Peer Tutoring Programs. The girls help one another both informally and also through a number of established peer tutoring programs such as tutoring offered to younger girls by the Year 12 Faculty Captains.
- Academic Bridging Sessions. Academic bridging sessions are offered after school. These sessions enable students to repeat a test or practice timed pieces of writing in a supervised environment.